Thanks for visiting our developing website. Over the next few weeks we will be adding some great features to let you and your friends know about how the Tucson Streetcar is already helping our community thrive in the 21st century, and answering your questions on where we have been, where we are going, and how you can be a part of it. Please sign up on our mailing list today, so that we can keep you informed.
To educate Greater Tucson about the social and economic benefits of the SunLink Modern Streetcar, and to foster community recognition of its potential as a catalyst for regional economic development, as the signature element of a well-designed multi-modal transportation system.
- Investment: $800 million in new development within 3 blocks of a 4 -mile route.
- Increased Property Values: the value of The District on 5th (student housing ) doubled when it sold a year after being built.
- Jobs: 500+ construction jobs, and 1500+ permanent jobs.
- Corporate Commitment: New TEP and Providence HQs Downtown.
- New Businesses: 50+ new restaurants and retail shops.
- New Residents in City Center: 2000+ new residential units.
- New Infrastructure: Totally renewed underground infrastructure — sewer, electric, water, gas– to enable more intense Downtown development.
- Fiscal Impact: Revenues recovered to the city in sales, leasing, property, and income taxes will be more than double the cost to operate and maintain.
- Gem Shows: Gem Show operators will commit to GROWING the Tucson shows
- Connections: Between the UofA and Downtown, the East Side and the West Side, businesses and customers, businesses and employees, UMC and El Rio Health Center, transit riders and their destinations, and Tucsonans and our community.
- Sustainability: Encourages better land use, reduced dependence on fossil fuels, and efficient transportation options.